Naturepedic

Naturepedic

Yoni steam supplies

http://www.soulvibrance.com/#_l_1f1

Book available now!

Book available now!

GREEN YOUR LIFE FOR BABY!

GREEN YOUR LIFE FOR BABY!
Free Coffee Bean Eye Cream

Search This Blog

My Favorite Green Baby Items

Monday, April 26, 2010

BPA in plastics, bad, bad, bad!!



Bisphenol A, also known as BPA is found in plastics. It has been suspected of being hazardous since the 1930s but has only recently been banned in baby bottles.
This is disturbing because it is also found in the lining of soup cans, dental fillings, water bottles, thermal paper(receipts), and the list goes on. For a more detailed report read on...wikepedia.com

As a breastfeeding Mom, what I am ingesting is going to my baby. Therefore, I have been extremely careful with what I eat and drink. NO water bottles and eat only canned food from Eden Organics. They are the only company I have found which has been using BPA free cans, Eden Organics. They are at Whole Foods or online at Vitacost.com or the Eden Organics website. I am also very cautious to buy food in glass containers if an option.

According to recent studies the risk seems to mostly affect infants, fetuses, and small children. My guess is that it won't be long before they find its a risk to us all. If its an endocrine disruptor, why wouldn't it affect us all???? The fact that Mercury dental fillings are now found to be hazardous and now BPA is in the newer dental fillings is worrisome. I had a small cavity that a dentist wanted to fill when I was pregnant and I refused. I'm looking into "Holistic" Dentists to see my options. Luckily, it isn't urgent.

As far as it being in thermal receipts like those from the grocery store, throw them away if they aren't needed. Just keep them away from your children and wash your hands after you have touched them. You are probably thinking, what else is hazardous!!! So am I!!!!

The water bottle issue is an easy fix. Don't buy plastic water bottles. They are bad for the environment. Also, if you leave them in your car and they heat up, the BPA leaches out even more!!! Get a stainless steel water bottle and refill from your tap. People think bottled water is better, but the fact is that there are NO REGULATIONS for the water quality in bottled water. There are stricter regulations for city water. Surprising huh??? When I'm out and about and forget my stainless bottle, I try to buy an iced tea in a glass bottle or something in glass. If plastic is my only option, I guess once in a blue moon won't hurt. Actually, that has yet to be determined doesn't it??????

No comments:

Post a Comment