Naturepedic

Naturepedic

Yoni steam supplies

http://www.soulvibrance.com/#_l_1f1

Book available now!

Book available now!

GREEN YOUR LIFE FOR BABY!

GREEN YOUR LIFE FOR BABY!
Free Coffee Bean Eye Cream

Search This Blog

My Favorite Green Baby Items

Monday, January 17, 2011

Neti Pots for a Healthy New Year!!


A few years ago I happened to be in Whole Foods and noticed a display of Neti Pots. They have been around for centuries but are now becoming more popular in the US. They were featured on Oprah and Dr Oz. I had already been using one so I was already hip to the Neti Pot Health Scene!

At first I thought it was a tea pot but as I began to read what it was all about, I thought I had to try it. Apparently it is popular among people who do Yoga. I do Yoga, but had never heard of it. It makes perfect sense since you want to breath deeply during Yoga. I did find a book written about the use of the Neti Pot. Maybe it will tell the full history more accurately for those that want to know.

I have been using mine off and on for awhile and definitely notice a difference in my breathing after I use it. I guess I should use it more often to avoid colds!! I add the Neti Pot salt recommended and add warm water. At first it is a little awkward, but then you figure out how best to use it. (over a bathroom sink preferably!!!)

Web Md explains it well. You can buy one online or at your local health food stores.

2 comments: